Posted: November 10th, 2021
TriStar Event Media, LLC – Overland Park, KS
A nationally recognized leader in the healthcare association industry, TriStar Event Media is looking for an experienced Editor with extensive project management experience and proven editorial chops. In this role, you will work with national healthcare associations to oversee the planning, editorial production, and creation of meeting news sites, newspapers, magazines, and other publications for medical professionals attending healthcare events. You also will collaborate with TriStar’s internal teams to create cohesive content strategies across all media.
The successful candidate must be highly organized with strong project management skills and the ability to create and manage efficient editorial workflows. Exceptional writing skills are a must, and medical writing experience is preferred. The job requires deep collaboration with our association clients and internal departments, including our design, digital, sales, and business development teams. Travel required when associations return to onsite meetings, which is projected in Spring 2022.
Qualifications and Experience
We’re looking for a self-starter with the ability to write and edit on deadline while also managing the editorial deadlines of freelance and staff medical writers. Candidates should have at least five years of editorial project management experience, sound editorial judgment, and a working knowledge of AP style. Experience in digital publishing platforms like WordPress is a plus.
- Communicate with TriStar’s association clients to determine content objectives, editorial style, and workflow procedures
- Build and execute editorial content strategies for meeting news channels
- Write, edit, and manage high-quality news and promotional content
- Collaborate with digital editors to ensure successful placement and promotion of content between print and digital properties
- Contribute to social media accounts to promote event news and information
- Manage multiple projects from concept through completion
- Work with project teams to plan and execute projects on deadline
- Travel onsite for daily production of meeting publications and news sites as assigned
- Review and approve editorial proofs
- Work with graphic designers to develop design solutions for TriStar’s association clients
- Work with production team and clients to develop and maintain production schedules
- Work with sales team to accommodate advertisers, including late ad requests and changes to ad materials
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or related field
- Five years of experience as a print editor, digital editor, medical writer, or equivalent experience
- Exceptional writing skills with sound editorial judgment and working knowledge of AP style; medical writing experience preferred
- A detailed eye for editing
- Computing skills, including Mac, MS Office, Adobe Creative Cloud, Google Workspace
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage the work of self and others
- Ability to work on a team and independently
- Ability to travel four to six times per year in the spring and fall months
- Ability to work evenings and weekends during association events
- A genuine interest in healthcare topics, both clinical and research-based
Preferred But Not Required
- Ability to manipulate and edit photos digitally
- Experience using WordPress or similar digital publishing platforms
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and other tools to measure performance
- Experience posting articles across a variety of social media channels
- Basic knowledge of HTML and related web authoring tools
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
TriStar offers a robust compensation and benefits package for full-time employees as well as the opportunity to be part of a great team at one of the best places to work in Kansas City.
Interested applicants should apply via the external link below. The application process includes a 15-minute survey and a portal to upload a resumé and work samples.