TriStar Event Media, LLC – Overland Park, KS
TriStar Event Media, LLC, an industry-leading event publishing company, has an immediate opportunity for a Copyeditor to join the award-winning editorial team in our Overland Park office. Experience editing medical content is a plus, but applicants with experience in a straight news environment will also be considered. The ideal candidate must be comfortable proofing for grammar and consistency as well as massaging text to improve flow and clarity. Full-time and part-time applicants will be considered.
The Copyeditor’s primary responsibility is to edit and maintain quality control over all editorial content on TriStar’s association projects, producing the best possible publications and news sites for the company’s association clients and their members. The Copyeditor will also review TriStar’s internal copy as assigned, including but not limited to marketing and promotional copy, legal copy, and contract language. The Copyeditor is also responsible for creating editorial and digital content for TriStar’s association clients as assigned. This includes writing for products such as news sites and meeting newspapers, meeting programs and exhibit guides, meeting apps, and other digital products. The Copyeditor will also serve as the lead editor of select projects, providing editorial project management for TriStar’s association clients, and as a backup for other editors, as needed. The Copyeditor is responsible for collaborating with TriStar’s internal project teams to execute all assigned projects on deadline.
- Copyedit and maintain quality control over all TriStar editorial content
- Manage time to accommodate overlapping projects
- Review all content updates to meeting news sites and emails, ensuring necessary elements are properly displayed, arranged, and formatted
- Proofread major TriStar communications to associations and advertisers, including project ratecards, post-meeting reports, and advertising email campaigns
- Create meeting preview, session preview, city guide, and other editorial content from provided information, online research, and source interviews, as needed
- Assist with planning and creation of social media posts and graphics, browser alerts, and other traffic-driving tactics for meeting news articles, as needed
- Provide support for the collection, editing, and formatting of user-submitted content, as needed
- Assist with scriptwriting and internal review of TriStar-produced videos and podcasts, as needed
- Maintain TriStar’s in-house editorial style guide
- Conduct an annual review of TriStar’s in-house editorial style guide and update the guide with input from the editorial team
- Review and approve editorial proofs
- Utilize writing and editing skills to produce high-quality editorial content for association clients
- Oversee the planning, editorial production, and creation of news products, meeting programs, and exhibit guides, as needed
- Communicate with TriStar’s association clients to achieve editorial objectives, as needed
- Work with internal project teams to plan and execute projects on deadline
- Travel onsite for daily production of meeting newspapers and news sites when necessary
- Maintain collaborative, positive working relationships with TriStar’s clients and employees
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or related field
- Experience as a print editor, digital editor, or medical writer
- Exceptional writing skills with sound editorial judgment and working knowledge of AP style
- A detailed eye for editing
- Computing skills, including Mac, MS Office, Adobe Creative Cloud, Google Workspace
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Advanced written communication skills
- Ability to work on a team and independently
- Ability to work evenings and weekends during association events
- A genuine interest in healthcare topics, both clinical and research-based
TriStar offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package for full-time employees that includes health, dental and vision insurance, compensation time for weekend work and more. We offer a hybrid work environment. The editorial team currently works in-office one day per week.
Interested applicants should apply via the external link below. The application process includes a 15-minute survey and a portal to upload a resumé and work samples.
Freelance Medical Writer
TriStar Event Media, LLC – Overland Park, KS
A nationally recognized content leader in the healthcare association industry, TriStar Event Media is looking for experienced freelance medical/science writers to produce session news coverage for medical meetings.
Pre-meeting assignments involve interviewing speakers (researchers, trial investigators, clinicians, etc.) and writing session preview articles. Meeting assignments involve attending sessions, as assigned, and writing summary/recap news articles on tight deadline in TriStar’s onsite pressroom. Recap articles are typically published within hours, so the ability to distill research news quickly is essential and exceptional writing skills are a must. Working knowledge of AP style is required.
TriStar covers some hybrid meetings where remote reporting may be possible, but the ability to travel to large convention cities (San Diego, Chicago, Washington DC, Orlando, etc.) is preferred. Experience covering medical meetings is a huge plus, but applicants with experience in a straight news environment will also be considered. Experience reporting on medical research, particularly cancer research, is a plus.
Interested applicants should apply via the external link below. The application process includes a 15-minute survey and a portal to upload your resumé and writing samples.